Food & Feed Ingredients
We supply natural ingredients with healthy active properties for the food and animal feed industry.
Our plant-based ingredients can also be integrated into formulae for food supplements, health capsules, pharma and nutraceutical products.
Food and Animal Nutrition
Bio-powders are sought after by foodstuff manufacturers as they can be used to boost the energy content of performance foods/feeds and of easily digestible fibre. This is because they are rich in sugars (carbohydrates) and cellulose, lignin and hemicellulose (fibres).
In particular, olive stone powder can be easily combined with grains, vegetables, and any other conventional additives – for tasty and healthy formulations. In fine micron sizes, natural powders are also effective texturizers for solid, viscous and semi-liquid foods.
Their relatively neutral taste makes fruit stone powders suitable
- as additives for baking mixes/doughs
- as caloric bases, fillers or carriers for flavours, aromas or colourants
- as stabilizers and thickeners, e.g. in meat products or meat replacement foods
- as viscosity-enhancing ingredients, i.e. in water-soluble powder foods
In contrast to many conventional flours, fruit stone powders are free of wheat protein (no gluten content) and therefore suitable as anti-allergic ingredients. Besides, they are fully plant-based and therefore qualify as vegetarian and vegan.
Pharmaceuticals and Dietary Supplements
Apart from being functional fillers in capsules or pills, certain fruit stones contain substances that are proven APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), sometimes also referred to as natural actives.
Olive stones, argan shells, apricot kernels and avocado stones are proven active substances due to their high content of bioactive compounds with antioxidant properties. These include polyunsaturated fatty acids, polyphenolics (bio-phenols) as well as vitamins and amino acids / plant-based proteins.
Antioxidants protect the cells of the human and animal body by preventing the production of free radicals. This translates into anti-ageing effects besides the following benefits:
- Boosting of cardiovascular health
- Prevention of cancer
- Enhancement of vision and cognitive health
- Prevention of arthritis
- Reinforcement of the immune system
- Reduction of infections, inflammations, and boost of overall vitality
Other beneficial aspects are:
- Availability: most of our ingredients are available throughout the year - both in bulk quantities as well as small volumes
- Regulatory situation: our powders are agricultural raw materials, not finished foodstuffs. Olive stone flour is registered and approved according to GMP+
If you have something else in mind, we can help you select the natural ingredients that integrate best with your formulation.