BioPowder.com is a brand launched in 2017 by a small but international team after decades of experience in the biomass-processing industry. We pride ourselves of our production and raw-material expertise, internationality and well-rounded knowledge of different markets and their requirements.
Production is handled in Southern Spain, in the heart of Europe‘s major olive and fruit cultivation region. Raw materials are supplied by carefully selected olive oil mills and fruit-processing businesses with a focus on top quality and sustainable farming.
Our core competencies
- Production with state-of-the art grinding and sieving machines (very high micron range accuracy)
- Direct access to top-quality raw materials due to contracts and long-standing relationships with farmers and agricultural cooperatives
- Contracts with argan oil producers in Morocco and therefore a continuous, guaranteed supply of argan shells
- Sound expertise in Mediterranean logistics and worldwide shipping
"We take sustainability to the next level while setting new standards for product and service quality"
Our vision of sustainability
We are part of a sustainable supply chain that converts excess organic material from the fruit industry into fully biodegradable ingredients that can be reused in other industries.
Not all plant-based ingredients are automatically sustainable. Renewables often come from sources that involve industrial farming, use of agrochemicals and monocultures. Also, certain crops (e.g. corn, rice, oat) used as staple foods have recently been used as raw materials for non-food biomass products. In the context of a growing world population and misallocation of food-/feedstuff, we know that there are better solutions.
Our approach to providing fully sustainable materials is based on 3 guiding principles:
- processing of agricultural by-products, not crops
- non-competition with the food chain
- regional / local sourcing as well as ethical conduct throughout our supply chain