About our products
1. What is the regulatory framework governing BioPowder.com products?
Our granules are mechanically processed biomasses and classified as agricultural raw materials. As we do not work with any additives besides drinking water and heat, there is no chemical process involved. Our products are exempt from REACH according to Annex 5; recently Annex 2, point 8 of Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 (REACH).
2. Can you offer irradiated products?
Yes. If you have special requirements regarding the microbiological load, please let us know. We offer different types of decontamination.
3. Do your products involve animal testing?
No. There is no connection with animals whatsoever.
4. Do your products qualify as vegan, organic and/or halal?
Vegan, halal: yes
Organic: our manufacturing process does not involve any additives or chemicals. Raw materials (i.e. raw fruit stones and shells) come from regional agribusinesses. Some of them hold internationally recognized certifications, where applicable. If you require ecologically produced raw materials, i.e. with certified absence of agrochemicals, please let us know.
5. Do your products involve genetically modified organisms (GMO)
Our core products do not involve GMO. The following link provides a list of genetically modified plants / crops in Europe:
Unless we process corn or soybeans as part of a custom order, GMO can be excluded.
6. Which particle size ranges (micron ranges) can you offer
Practically any range from <50 microns to >2mm. For certain applications, there are proven standard ranges with tolerances of max. 10% on the upper and lower edges. We are pleased to advise you on the suitable micron range.
7. What is your minimum order quantity (MOQ)?
We are extremely flexible with our batch sizes. You may order quantities ranging from >1kg up to full truck, container or even vessel loads.
1. Do you provide samples and what is the standard size?
Yes, we provide samples free of charge. The standard size of a sample is 20-25g.
2. I need to run industrial trials. Can I obtain a small quantity for testing?
Yes. We can supply micro batches from one hundred grams up to 5, 10 or 25 kilograms.